Tollden Farms has an opening for a Food Processing Supervisor.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to Supervise our team in Kemptville Ontario
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other work units
- Identify, evaluate, control, and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- Requisition on order materials, equipment and supplies
- Drive vehicle to load/unload trucks for packaging and orders.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: A minimum of two years of experience in the food, beverage or associated products processing industry are required.
- Driver’s licence is required.
- Computer knowledge is required. Must be comfortable running an accounting system (QuickBooks) Inventory control, Excel, Word.
- Working knowledge of basic machinery is an asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fastpaced environment, Attention to detail, Work under pressure, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required.
- Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Organized, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Judgement.
- Work Site Environment: Cold/refrigerated
- Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Ability to supervise: 10 12 people
- Weight handling: up to 23kg (50 lbs)
Must have own transportation, there is no public transit available.
Salary to be discussed based on experience.
Send resume to:
Tollden Farms Inc
77 Settlers Way